Friday, April 13, 2007

Problems With Puppy Love

If only everyone had my view on life. Then it would make so much more sense. If not for them, then at least for me! Have you ever woke up one day - and realized that you didn't really know anything anymore? The people, the events, the things you always thought would remain constant - have instantly changed - while you were sleeping. . . and then you realize. It didn't just happen over night. It's been a gradual change - one so gradual that you don't even notice it was happening.

The past year has been one of incredible changing in my life. I think* (*emphasis on the think) that I'm finally learning who I am. But in doing so - I've sort of felt like I've been ripped apart. . . you see - i've always had another person that kind of helped make up who i was. For four long years, I've had him there - and so in a way, he helped define me. When I was with him, I was complete. For a really long time, I never had to be without him! So I knew myself as who I was with him. . . hence a problem.

You see, there's always a problem when in your process of self-discovery aka - what we're supposed to be doing during our teen, early adult years - is hindered by the constant companionship of another person. You tend to lean on them - they become your best friend. And you know who you are as who you are with them, because you're never without them. Well, much to my suprise, this past year - he's slowly been ripping away from me. And in losing myself *(or what i thought was myself) I've truly found myself. And today - I feel like me. For the first time in four years.

0 comments: